Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tiger Park Pictures

In the next few days, I plan on posting all the good pictures from my recent trip with my family. The only problem with this is that my internet connections here (in Chengdu) are fairly slow, so it's taking a while. Here's a link to the album of our first full day in Harbin and our trip to the Tiger Park:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2044630&id=15302001&ref=mf

In other news, I'm in Chengdu right now, as alluded to above, and saw my family off today. The trip was very fun, and it was good to see them all again.

Right now, I'm hanging out at a Tex-Mex restaurant, enjoying chimichangas and a milkshake. It's the first time I've had Mexican food in about five months! I'm also currently staying at a youth hostel for the next few days while I explore a little more of the city. The place is nice, the people are friendly, and they've even got a bar/lounge on the top floor with a pool table.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more pictures and news and maybe literary exercises describing things I've seen.

2 comments:

Brian K said...

These pictures were nothing short of amazing. They rival your ice sculpture pictures. One of my favorites was the tigers standing on top of the caged car. You should have bought Cattle to feed them. 1,500RMB isn't too bad. Leave it to China to continually provide unique zoo experiences.

Doug Mazanec said...

great pics ... must be darn cold there .. Drew and Steven couldn't be wrapped tighter in those scarves .. and the tigers look amazing .. so that's what chow time looks like in the carnivore den ...